Wednesday, September 4, 2013

August Dark Heart Looks and Products of the Month

New monthly series! Since I am a promoter for Dark Heart Designs I thought I would do a post each month of my favorite looks I did with their products and a little talk on my favorite products that month from Dark Heart. I don't want to say review because if it's not new I won't review it but want to give a little explanation on why certain products are my favorite that month. So without further ado lets get to the looks so we can get to the products!

For this look I used all of the Talia collection, which is an amazing collection. If you're interested click here. Half of the proceeds go to Base Camp Charity which supports children with cancer. I fell in love with the collection and the gold sparkle that ties all the shadows together. I wanted to use all the colors together in one look so I used Love on the inner corner, then Hope on half the middle of the lid, then Strength on the other half of the middle of the lid, then Joy on the outer corner. I blended Joy and Strength up into the crease. On my cheeks I used Edwardian Rose Blush with Pretty Girl gloss on the lips. I think it's a soft summer look with a fun pop of color.

 This is a Lip look I created using It's My Life and Born this Way lipstick. They pair greatly together and the lip look works great with a purple smoky eye or a brown smoky eye.
This was a fun abstract look I created just playing around with purple shadows. I used Villain, Plum Insane, and Perfect. I mixed Villain and the eye elixir together to get the drip effect. The look was inspired by several fellow Dolls( Heather Makeup Mouse and Randomly Me) who have done the running mascara looks. On the cheeks is Crash and Burn Blush and the lips is the same lip above.

My favorite products of the month?
Well my favorites I used the most this month was The Talia: Just Keep Swimming Collection and Born this Way Lipstick.
You can see in my swatches that each shadow in this collection has a gorgeous gold sparkle that represents the color for childhood cancer and also ties the whole collection together. The beauty of this collection is it can be worn intense like the swatches above or the colors can be worn more sheer, which means building the product is very easy. All of the colors apply smoothly and blend easily. My favorite of the collection is Love just because I don't have any other eye shadow color like and it is just gorgeous worn all by itself.

Born this Way is this gorgeous gold sheer lipstick (picture coming soon!) that can be worn on it's own or over whatever shade of lipstick you want. I love to layer it over a lipstick of my choosing to add that soft gold glow to help soften my lip look and my over all makeup. The product itself glides on smoothly and is not drying. The lasting power is also quite good at about 4 hrs or so. For me it is a must have lipstick because of it's layering ability and the soft warm glow it adds.

So that was August's Looks and Products of the month! each month I will do the same! Any product from Dark Heart Designs your curious about? Leave a comment below and I will check it out and review it for you in my next monthly post! If I don't already own the product I have no problem buying the product and reviewing and swatching it for you. So if there are any DHD products you are curious about just leave a comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment